Nominations for 2018 membership may be submitted through October 5, 2017 (extended from September 22, 2017). Proposers and supporters of nominations should review the Membership Nomination Guide carefully. Questions regarding nominations should be sent by email to email@example.com.
- Membership Nomination Guide (PDF). This document should be reviewed to ensure a complete nomination and for submission instructions.
- Active/Foreign Associate Membership Nomination Form (PDF document)
- Honorary Membership Nomination Form (PDF document).
- Membership Nomination Support Template (Word document). This document provides a template for drafting nomination support. However, members are encouraged to submit scores and comments through their member accounts (this template matches the online form).
- First, access your member account
- After you have logged in to your account, select the “Nominations” tab, then search the nominee database. Links will appear in search results to guide you in the next steps.
- Your nominee may already be in the ASCI database because the nominee was previously nominated or because a nomination or support form has been started for the nominee for this nomination cycle.
Proposers: Once you have supplied the requested information about your nominee (name, contact information, etc.), you will be able to upload required documents. You will also be able to add Seconder and General Supporter information to the nomination, although supporters will need to supply their comments via their own member accounts.
Seconder and General Supporters: Forms may be drafted and submitted online after selecting the applicable nominee from search results or after adding requested information about the nominee you are supporting. (NOTE: General Supporters who are not ASCI members may complete the nomination support template and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for handling. Please indicate clearly your contact information and the name and institution of the nominee you are supporting.)
- Age criterion for Active and Foreign Associate nominees. Nominees in these categories must be age 50 or younger as of January 1, 2018.
- Exceptions to the age criterion cannot be made. Although the ASCI Council understands that a nominee’s progress may have been delayed because of unavoidable or extreme circumstances, the Council has on multiple occasions discussed exceptions and concluded from each discussion that no policy could be implemented fairly and durably.
- Limit on number of nominations per nominee. The number of nominations per nominee is limited to 3, with the following exception: In 2013 the age limit for eligibility was increased from age 45 to age 50 or younger. In recognition of this revision, Active and Foreign Associate candidates who reached 3 nominations before or during the 2013 nomination cycle may be nominated one more time (for a maximum of 4 nominations) provided they are age 50 as of January 1, 2018.
- Limit on number of nominations proposed, seconded, or supported. There is no limit to the number of nominations a member may propose or support (either as Seconder or General Supporter).
- Ph.D.-only candidates. Active and Foreign Associate nominations are, per the ASCI’s bylaws, restricted to physicians.
- M.D.-equivalent candidates are eligible for nomination.
- Faculty appointment versus nominee’s country of residence. The distinction between Active and Foreign Associate nominations is made on the basis of residence, not faculty appointment. Active nominees must reside in the U.S. or Canada. Candidates residing elsewhere should be nominated in the Foreign Associate category.